Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Inevitability - it’s about modern art

Contemporary art is a contradictory phenomenon. It gives occasion to admiration, blame, discussions, but never leaves anybody indifferent. You may participate in the process of creation or just enjoy the results of the artistic practice – at all accounts, art is an essential part of your life.
Theatre, cinema, sculpture, architecture, dance and a dozen of other art forms surround us and follow in our everyday activities. Painting, drawing and other types of visual arts are the most popular and widespread in the circle of modern art customers. Pictures (originals or copies), prints, sketches, photo prints and other related items decorate our living and working space, create a unique atmosphere and prove your good artistic taste.

A bit of my obsessions

Decorating interior of my own house, I always give preference to those paintings that make me think. Modern abstract art is a good choice for this. Each painting from my collection is a certain state of mind, separate story. If you are my guest, you’ll definitely notice that there is no more than one piece of abstract wall art in each room in my house. It was made on purpose: I try to avoid blending of these “stories” and “thoughts”.
Does it look like I’m quite obsessed with this kind of art? I do not deny that. Frankly speaking, “modern abstract art for sale” is the most frequently used keyword at latest (Google must disdain me for that, definitely). It is what it is! But it does not mean that modern and abstract art are the same notion for me. In addition to my love and devotion to abstract art, I have a lot of examples of different modern styles of painting. For instance, there are four canvases created by Leonid Afremov, a splendid impressionist who prefers a rich color range and often works with oil and palette knife.

So here they are:

  • His beautiful cityscape “Cannes – France” adorns my living room. I almost feel that special warmth of the south coast evening on my skin while entering the room, I swear!
  • Two Afremov’s paintings – “Blue Rhapsody” and “Stevie Ray Vaughan” – make a brilliant duo in my dining room. They radiate energy and put some pep into me. It is a pure state of satisfaction and inspiration depicted on canvas. I adore it!
  • “Surrounded by Music” is the jewel in the crown of my collection. Cynical and grumbling though I am, I tingle with excitement while watching ballet. For certain, there is some kind of magic in this classic dance.

You can find all these paintings and much more in the artist’s official online gallery at afremov.com. Take my word, your interior design will benefit tremendously!

No comments:

Post a Comment